Earlier last month I blogged about a Historic Day For AHA, in which a governing board ruled that AHA was worthy to receive a special type of student organization funding, reserved only for groups providing a “direct service” to the students of UW-Madison. (Read the above link for more details.) That post ended with a cliffhanger: while AHA was officially deemed eligible to receive funding, we would have to wait for a subsequent budget hearing to determine precisely how much money that would be. That hearing was tonight, hold on to your ass…
In AHA’s 2013 – 2014 Budget includes:
- $200 for a “Kickoff Bash” pizza party.
- $300 to acquire books for our own “Freethought Library.”
- $700 for a video camera to document all of our events on YouTube.
- $1,300 to send our officers to the annual SSA Leadership Conference.
- $1,350 for a computer and printer to furnish our new office space.
- $2,780 to enrich the university with our “Freethought Speakers Series.”
- $5,000 on printing thousands of AHA flyers to be posted across the campus.
- $6,500 on advertising AHA’s events and services in the student newspapers.
- $16,650 to fund our amazing FREE conference, the Freethought Festival.
- $30,000 for 8 paid staff positions to be filled by the AHA officers.
Plus a handful of other things, for a grand total of about $69,000.
And we’re just getting started.